Khelo India Scheme the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS) organizes National-level competitions, i.e., Khelo India Youth Games and Khelo India University Games to provide a platform for talented athletes to showcase their sporting and competitive skills. So far 8 editions of Khelo India Youth and University Games and 3 editions of Winter Games have been successfully conducted with the participation of 36 States/UTs & Universities respectively. In the same line, in order to promote Para Athletes, the 1st edition of Khelo India Para Games 2023 is being organized from 10th -17th December 2023 across 3 venues in the city of Delhi across 7 sports Disciplines (Para Archery, Par Athletics, Para Badminton, Para Table Tennis, Para Powerlifting, CP Football, Para Shooting) with the approximate participation of 1500 athletes, 200 Technical Officials, 150 Volunteers, 350 Support Staff, 300 escorts & 20 classifiers from 36 States and UTs.
• For the first time, a multi-sport para-athlete event at the National level is taking place in the country. The event is expected to be on par with the other Khelo India events like Khelo India Youth Games & Khelo India University Games with respect to the standards of technical conduct, athlete experience, and overall execution.
• The technical conduct of the competition would be ensured by highly qualified technical officials of PCI, NSFs & and CPSFI, some of them having officiated in international competitions.
• There will be live telecast on TV & live streaming on a digital platform with the live scoring system. World’s best TSR system to be used for conduct of the Games.
• The Games will be live telecast on television and OTT platforms.
• Participants will represent only States & Union Territories, although the nominations of the participants will come from various stakeholders as was done previously.
• The management of the event would be jointly done by the professionals under the guidance of the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, Sports Authority of India, National Sports Federation (NSF), Paralympic Committee of India (PCI,) Cerebral Palsy Sports Federation of India (CPSFI) and organizing committee.
• There will be a single medal tally of States.